Jamison Dean Gray

UPDATE: I have added an image gallery. Also, Rebecca’s mother asked me to include the statement my husband prepared for the media. Most stations edited his statement down to a few words. Some stations chose not to air his statement:
“An unexpected tragedy like this is utterly devastating. To lose a child is the worst thing that can happen to a parent. My niece will need time to grieve and then to start the process of healing. We are humbly asking for any donations to help with funeral and memorial expenses for this innocent, beautiful, baby boys. Donations, be they large or small are equally appreciated, as are even just words of support on the memorial blog. Thank you so much and never forget to tell your children how much you love them every day.”–Rob Straney

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
UPDATE: Rebecca Hillery has asked me to upload more images of baby Jamis. This will be done sometime this afternoon. I can’t tell you how much support my niece has received from everyone. I’m sure most of you saw the interview broadcast by all valley news stations yesterday. There was quite a bit the media decided to edit out of what they broadcast. So I would like to clarify; Rebecca would like to thank everyone; all the complete strangers who have donated and sent their condolences, all her friends from AZ and NJ..people she’s had quarrels with have set aside their differences to show their heart felt support. She would like to thank Ike Basha, the entire Basha family, Fry’s Marketplace on 32nd St and Bell Rd, and Brennen’s Pub. Rebbeca thanks you all from the bottom of her heart.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Jamison Dean Gray was born on May 28, 2013. On August 28, 2013, at three months old, my sweet nephew passed away. I’m sure you have seen the reports in the media. Our family is beyond devastated. There are no words to describe the pain and heartache we are experiencing. I can’t even imagine what his mother is going through. She is currently taking time off work to attempt to heal from her very tragic loss.
At this time, I am please asking for donations so we may assist her with the costs of his funeral

Comments
24 Responses
  1. I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I CANT IMAGINE THE PAIN THAT YOUR FAMILY IS GOING THRU. I WILL KEEP YOUR FAMILY IN MY PRAYERS…

2. Kenneth Davis says:

My prayers and condolences for your loss may GOD keep you in his LOVING ARMS……

3. Kenneth Davis says:

I am sending this to give you hope for this time of your loss….it is a song entitled Sending Me Angels

4. themamacurd says:

Thank you guys so much. Yoh have no idea how mucb we appreciate all the kind words and donations.

• JEAN STEINER says:

Hi Rebecca,

I have a short note for you that is to give you peace. Mama, please don’t be sad, please don’t cry cause I am in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies. Please, try not to question God, don’t think He is unkind. Don’t think He sent me to you, and then He changed His mind. You see, I am a Special child and I am needed up above. I’m the Special gift you gave Him, the product of your love. I’ll always be there with you. Watch the sky at night… find the brightest star that is gleaming, that is my halo’s brilliant light. That’s me in the summer showers. I’ll be dancing in the rain. So Mama, please don’t look so sad, don’t cry.

I am in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies. God be with you and your family. He is the only one that can bring us peace. I will pray for you and your family.

5. Kim Freeman says:

My deepest condolences on the loss of beautiful Jamison. I would like to offer assistance. I co-lead the Arizona chapter of The TEARS Foundation (http://www.thetearsfoundation.org/), a local non-profit organization that seeks to compassionately lift a financial burden from families who have lost a baby by providing funds to assist with the cost of burial or cremation services. We believe a grieving family should honor the life of their child in the way that they wish. Please have the funeral home contact our national office at 253-200-0944.

Please know that emotional support is also available. My heart truly breaks for Jamison’s mother and her grief journey. I send my heartfelt prayers.

6. Kim Freeman says:

My deepest condolences on the loss of beautiful Jamison. I would like to offer assistance. I’m the co-leader of the Arizona chapter of The TEARS Foundation (www.thetearsfoundation.org), a local non-profit that seeks to compassionately assist bereaved families with the financial burden of final arrangements of their precious baby who has died. We want each family to honor the life of their child in the way that they wish. Please have the funeral home contact our national office at 253-200-0944 or office@thetearsfoundation.org.

Please know that emotional support is also available. My heart breaks for Jamison’s mother and her grief journey. I send my heartfelt prayers.

• Nicole Goyette says:

Thank you so much Kim! I gave your number to the funeral director. He should be contacting you at the beginning of next week. My sister-in-law Rebecca is very grateful for your assistance.

7. My heart is broken for your family. I would like to offer my deepest condolences as well as support. I work with Kidsandcars.org advocating for heatstroke awareness. I started working with them after nearly losing my son to heatstroke after his father misrememberd the morning daycare drop off. While my son lived, he is severely disabled. I know it’s not the same, but I want to let you all know that there are many people who have lived through this nightmare and we would like to extend support for you all. Someone to talk to who understands what you are all feeling, living. I understand the need for privacy at this time, but we are all here for you if you need someone. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

8. April Childress says:

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Heaven accepted an angel too soon. Baby Jamison you are beautiful and looked so full of energy and happiness. My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this hard time. xoxoxo

9. Marci Callahan says:

We are deeply sorry for your loss. Our hearts and prayers go out to all the people affected by the tragic loss of Jamison’s young life. Our sincere condolences.

The Callahan family

10. Sandi Jenkins says:

My prayers for your loss. There are no words to ease the pain right now but know that God has his little angel in his loving arms.
    Praying for your grief journey. Heartfelt sorrow.

11. Shellie Lawrence says:

This is so sad, I just can’t imagine your loss of your precious son Jamison. It angers me that the father was so selfish only thinking of himself, why would you even take your infant son or even a child to a place where you know what is about to take place by smoking pot, then knowing if this tradegy did not happen you still would have endangered your 3month old innocent precious baby by your selfsh act of driving back home under the influence. Baby Jamison has a new pair of angel wings! I am so very sorry your joy has turned into sorrow. God Bless you.

12. Joe Covello says:

As a personal friend to those involved, I wish to send my heartfelt sympathy to all.
    If there was ever a family less deserving of this horrific tragedy it is all of you. You have always made me feel like part of your family and I grieve with all of you.

Becca you are a special person, who holds a dear place in my heart, and I would gladly take the pain from you if it were possible. I so looked forward to meeting Jamison on my next visit and I am sure I have missed something special knowing I never will.

My entire family and everyone I know, sends their deepest sympathy to all of you. There are no words to fill the void left behind in a senseless tragedy like this. Only the comfort of love and the memories left behind of your time with Jamison.

Special thoughts and thanks to Rob and Kara, and all the extended family who have come together to ease the pain of the last few days and will continue to in the time ahead.
    My heart and love to you all.

13. Leanne and Mike says:

We are so very saddened by the news of your loss and cannot imagine what you are going through. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. Our family in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Florida, and Phoenix have also been sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Please have Mark get in touch with us if there is anything else we can do.

14. Leanne and Mike says:

We are so saddened to hear about your loss and cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. Our family in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Florida, and Phoenix have also been sending positive thoughts your way and keeping you in their prayers as well. Please have Mark get in touch with us if there is anything else we could do.

15. mary nichols says:

My heart goes out to you. Your sweet baby is with the angels but you will think of him every day. God bless you and comfort you in the days and months ahead.

16. Melissa D. Norman says:

I’m sorry that I don’t have the funds to assist you at this time. I just wanted to add words of encouragement. Blessedly you won’t be able to remember much from this time, and a good possibly even this if you are reading this. I know because on 2/8/11 I lost my precious Elizabeth Shannon Krick to SID’s. Nothing, absolutely nothing can prepare you for a tragedy of this nature, of losing a child that you have created and loved for any length of time. You will go through an enormous amount of feelings, but mostly just numbness from the shock at first. If you’re anything like me they’re will be lot’s of anger. Luckily I had other children that needed me or I don’t think I could have made it. Even over 2 yrs later I have difficult days. You will never forget him! However in time it will get easier. I don’t know how it does, and I know you won’t be able to believe that for some time, but from someone who has been where you are, trust me, I know what I’m talking about. If you believe in God, you no doubt will have some anger and questions, don’t worry, He will be there for you when you are ready to turn to Him for comfort again, and understands, as He lost His child as well! I will keep you in my prayers, and pray you are blessed with everything you all need to get through this! Sincerely, Melissa D. Norman

• themamacurd says:

Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. I’m Rebecca’s aunt. I don’t know what its like to lose a child. I thank God every day that mine are safe and healthy. Thank you for your kind words and again, I am sorry.

17. Tamara carl says:

My prayers are with you and your family right now I am a mother myself and can only imagin the pain you are going through as a mother. My heart feels for you and i will pray for you to heal in this time of sorrow

18. kaitie kinyon (koonts) says:

I think of you and Jamison often Becca, I still say a prayer everyday for you and your family. <3